Advice on HTML editting

Roger Burton West roger at firedrake.org
Thu Apr 29 11:23:13 BST 2010

On Thu, Apr 29, 2010 at 11:14:40AM +0100, Victoria Conlan wrote:

> My first thought was a simple RE, then I decided that was silly and started
> looking at modules.  HTML::Parser and HTML::TreeBuilder are what I've looked
> at so far.

What I tend to do in this sort of situation is use HTML::TokeParser
(which is just an alternative interface to HTML::Parser that matches
better with the way I work) and re-emit everything except the tokens
that I want to fiddle with. Not claiming this is the best way to go, but
most of what I do is parsing HTML rather than modifying it, and I
already use HTML::TokeParser a lot.