Emergency Social - this Friday, Shooting Star

Philippe Bruhat (BooK) philippe.bruhat at free.fr
Wed May 19 14:34:57 BST 2010

On Mon, May 10, 2010 at 09:28:11PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> This Friday, Philippe "BooK" Bruhat and his wife are in London, with the only
> evening free of their entire trip. Clearly this is an emergency.
>
> The pub does food (and beer, obviously), so the plan A is to be like a
> routine emergency and eat there. However, I'm not quite sure how this will
> pan out (as it's a Friday, and like every other decent pub it will be busy)
> so if possible, if you're likely to arrive after about 19:30, could you tell
> me off list, in case we decide we really need to adopt a plan B of eating
> elsewhere. (I prefer plan A. Plan A is simpler. Plan A has a pie menu.)

We went for plan B. We spent a very nice evening, learnt how "Eyjafjöll"
was pronounced and that Calais is not so close to London anymore,
it seems. Thanks to everyone who came to meet us.

Nicholas advised me on the use of a good bait to get more Londoners in
Calais (Léon already has the flyers). And I'm not afraid to use it:

    "The first round for London.pm in Calais will be on me."

--
 Philippe Bruhat (BooK)

 Beauty may be a curse, but not as great a curse as stupidity.