Facebook apps

Zbigniew Lukasiak zzbbyy at gmail.com
Tue Jun 1 15:59:36 BST 2010

Seems that there are a few people working on Facebook apps here -
maybe someone could help me with my current problem.

The get_fb_params method on canvas returns nothing - even though
Facebook is sending some data to my script.

I have just created a new Facebook application and the
parameters Facebook is passing to my app is following (from a dump of
the CGI object):

'param' => {
                             'session' => [

'{"uid":"656347673","session_key":"2.GvM00XdBttU_EfrcIgybMA__.3600.1275318000-656347673","secret":"INJP_jvNdptjlEuJQNZveg__","expires":1275318000,"access_token":"126097824076529|2.GvM00XdBttU_EfrcIgybMA__.3600.1275318000-656347673|cyny-RF-PJGnF8brN9H5Vtpgw2I.","sig":"bc9701c5e78e787a3b86603a4727cb0c"}'
                                          ]
                           },

So apparently there is just one parameter called 'session' and it
contains a JSON encoding of the whole hash of parameters.
When I look into the get_fb_params code I can see that it tries to find
parameters with the  'fb_sig' prefix or take the data from a cookie (in this
case there was no cookie at all) - so it is understandable that that
fails to find the params.

Am I confused or was there a change in how Facebook sends the
parameters and W:F:A is not yet adapted to that change?

Cheers,
Zbigniew

--
Zbigniew Lukasiak