Posting to blogger.com?

Dagfinn Ilmari Mannsåker ilmari at ilmari.org
Thu Jun 3 11:32:54 BST 2010

Steve Mynott <steve at gruntling.com> writes:

> On Wed, Jun 02, 2010 at 05:52:40PM +0100, Mark Fowler typed:

>> > This is the start of most scripts I've been writing recently.
>>
>> I dumped this since I started using Path::Class all the time.
>>
>> my $content = file("something")->slurp
>
> Does it work with UTF-8?

What do you mean "work with"? I would expect it to return an octet
string and leave the decoding to you, since it can't possibly know the
encoding of an arbitrary.

> File::Slurp doesn't.

<purl> Look buddy, doesn't work is a strong statement. Does it sit on
       the couch all day? Is it making faces at you?  Does it want more
       money?  Is it sleeping with your girlfriend? Please be specific!

--
ilmari
"A disappointingly low fraction of the human race is,