Sanity check - DateTime on Perl 5.12.1

Toby Wintermute tjc at wintrmute.net
Thu Jun 10 02:06:11 BST 2010

On 9 June 2010 17:31, Daniel Pittman <daniel at rimspace.net> wrote:
> Toby Wintermute <tjc at wintrmute.net> writes:
>
>> I wondered if anyone else running Perl 5.12.1 (and 12.0 would be interesting
>> too) could quickly check if they can build DateTime 0.5x and pass the unit
>> tests?
>
> I can't, but the CPAN Testers can and do succeed:
>
> http://matrix.cpantesters.org/?dist=DateTime%200.55;reports=1;os=linux;perl=5.12.1

Mmm, I had noticed they seemed to think it worked too.

Next question is: Why is DateTime failing *for me* ;)

The failing tests seem to have, as their underlying failure:

Can't locate object method "_normalize_tai_seconds" via package
"DateTime::Infinite::Future"

Which is an XS method from DateTime.so..

Oddly, I now see that if I force install DateTime, I can then run the
code from the tests successfully.. but running the actual tests
fails.. seems like they aren't picking up the blib/arch/ bits. Odd.

Thanks for the confirmation that it was something at my end :)

-Toby