Sanity check - DateTime on Perl 5.12.1

Toby Wintermute tjc at
Thu Jun 10 02:06:11 BST 2010

On 9 June 2010 17:31, Daniel Pittman <daniel at> wrote:
> Toby Wintermute <tjc at> writes:
>> I wondered if anyone else running Perl 5.12.1 (and 12.0 would be interesting
>> too) could quickly check if they can build DateTime 0.5x and pass the unit
>> tests?
> I can't, but the CPAN Testers can and do succeed:

Mmm, I had noticed they seemed to think it worked too.

Next question is: Why is DateTime failing *for me* ;)

The failing tests seem to have, as their underlying failure:

Can't locate object method "_normalize_tai_seconds" via package

Which is an XS method from

Oddly, I now see that if I force install DateTime, I can then run the
code from the tests successfully.. but running the actual tests
fails.. seems like they aren't picking up the blib/arch/ bits. Odd.

Thanks for the confirmation that it was something at my end :)