Stand up comedy

James Laver london.pm at jameslaver.com
Fri Jun 11 21:52:52 BST 2010

On Fri, Jun 11, 2010 at 03:25:55PM +0100, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> During the beer track at the German Perl Workshop, I was asked
> "what's a good place to go to in London for an evening of stand up comedy?"
> and I had no clue.

I can recommend comedy camp, http://www.comedycamp.co.uk/

It's held in a soho gay bar, so don't expect to get a decent pint of real ale,
but the crowds are mixed and friendly, the queue is nonexistent and there's a
mix of established comedians and ones who are award winners but you've still
never heard of and they've had some of the more famous ones from time to time.

Worth a tenner of anyone's money.

--James