a good tool for planning projects/resources/holidays at high level rather than per task?

Aaron Trevena aaron.trevena at gmail.com
Thu Jun 17 11:13:34 BST 2010

On 17 June 2010 11:00, Simon Wilcox <essuu at ourshack.com> wrote:
> On 17/06/2010 09:19, Aaron Trevena wrote:
>>
>> Anybody know a good tool for planning projects/resources/holidays at
>> high level rather than per task?
>>
>> we're using basecamp for tasks, and as Rallydev or any other basecamp
>> rival is politically unviable, is there something that just/primarily
>> focusses on roadmap / calendar level ?
>
> If you're already using Basecamp, perhaps one of the 3rd party products that
> integrates with it will meet your needs?
>
> http://basecamphq.com/extras

Yeah, I've looked at that.

I tried AgileAgenda Basecamp edition, and it mangled the project I
tried it with - deleting and recreating tasks, losing the comments and
time tracking to put them into new todo lists that didn't have time
tracking enabled. That was fun to sort out for a good hour or more,
matching time and other info back to tasks, re-organising them, etc.

None of the others offer anything like a roadmap / resource view so I
can see who is assigned to which project when, or the project
start/end dates :(

A.

--
Aaron J Trevena, BSc Hons