Relocatable @INC puzzle

Fernando Oliveira fernandocorrea at gmail.com
Tue Jul 13 19:02:19 BST 2010

Try PAR

On Jul 13, 2010 2:48 PM, "Paul Makepeace" <paulm at paulm.com> wrote:

I might be misunderstanding the purpose of this...

I just built perl 5.12.1 with relocatable @INC but when I relocate (mv
~/perl5 ~/perl) the site_perl directories haven't moved, so CPAN
breaks.

 Compiled at Jul 12 2010 23:52:59
 @INC:

 /Users/paulmakepeace/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.12.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
   /Users/paulmakepeace/perl5/lib/site_perl/5.12.1
   /Users/paulmakepeace/perl/lib/5.12.1/darwin-thread-multi-2level
   /Users/paulmakepeace/perl/lib/5.12.1

Rationale: I'm hoping to be able to build a perl that's completely
self-contained that I can then bundle as part of an app/git checkout.
The various developers will all be working with this on in their own
home directories so this perl needs an @INC that's entirely relative.

I can sort of see that there's an argument that moving the perl
shouldn't move the CPAN but wondering if there's an official line, or
this is a bug, or currently under discussion, and what the preferred
way to solve this is (local::lib?), ...

Paul