Data recovery

Mark Morgan makk384 at
Fri Sep 3 11:40:42 BST 2010

I'd suggest trying to bring up the drive under a couple of different OSs
first.  Different OSs and filesystem drivers have different failure
tolerances.  Linux, FreeBSD and windows are the ones I'd suggest trying.
When I last needed to do that (8+ years ago), FreeBSD had the greatest
failure tolerance, but that's very likely to have changed since then...