Damian Conway: Understanding Regular Expressions (properly)

Damian Conway damian at conway.org
Thu Sep 16 23:42:43 BST 2010

Dear all,

Back in July I wrote:

> I'd like to take the opportunity to apologise to anyone who signed up for
> any of my classes in Zurich, Pisa, or London. We hope to reschedule
> some of those events later in the year, but at present it is far too early
> to know when (or if) that will be possible.

Just to update that: we were not able to reschedule the London event for
this year, but will look at running it next summer. However, we *have*
been able to reschedule my Zurich classes for next month:

    http://it.oetiker.ch/consulting/courses/2010.en.html

so if anyone was particularly keen to take regex class (or either of the
two classes we had planned for Pisa), you could always nip across to
Switzerland and do it there. ;-)

Note that the class prices aren't quite as low as they would have been
in Pisa, but they're reasonable (about £375 per day) and Dirk's
original point about it being ridiculously cheap for you Brits to fly
over the Channel does still apply (e.g. according to Kayak.com, EasyJet
claim to be able to get you there and back for under 40 quid...which
seems absurd, so there's probably some dreadful catch like having to
travel in a cat cage in the cargo hold, or having to sit next to an
Australian the whole way).

Meanwhile, thanks again to everyone for their understanding and
condolences back in July. Your collective kindness and sympathy
made a dreadful time much more bearable.

Damian