Best practice for variables shared between processes?

Daniel Pittman daniel at rimspace.net
Tue Sep 21 10:07:07 BST 2010

David Alban <extasia at extasia.org> writes:

That has the same failure mode: you can't rename, or hard-link, across
separate file systems.  This bites if you use File::Temp, which uses /tmp, and
your target is somewhere else.

Now, a symbolic link might do it, if you didn't count on the receiver deleting
the temporary file to handle getting it gone, but you probably do.

        Daniel