[ANNOUNCE] LPW2010 Newsletter 2: Give a Perler a home for Xmas

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Mon Oct 11 15:19:52 BST 2010

  Welcome to the 2nd Newsletter for the London Perl Workshop. In this
newsletter:

1. Give a Perler a Home

1. Give a Perler a Home
As I have spoken about before it would be really nice this year if we
could offer crash space[1] to people who wish to attend the conference
from overseas or distant locales in the UK and who cannot afford both
travel and accommodation. I feel that many more people will be able to
attend and also this would forge new and interesting relationships
between people who only know each other by reputation or by nickname on
irc/mailing lists.

Two such people, Ribasushi and Getty, are looking for crash space for a
couple of nights (night before and night of the conference I believe)
in/near London so they can attend the conference. If you can put these
stirling chaps up for a night or two then please add your names to the
LPW wiki or use a mailing list to coordinate, I am happy to act as
go-between for those of you who wish to offer in private. Ribasushi and
Getty can be split and are both toilet trained.

Thanks in advance.

-Mark (mdk)

[1] There doesn't literally have to have been a crash at the location
they are to stay. Beds would be nice, comfy sofas are just as
appreciated, washing lines are probably a little too satirical.

-----------------------

The conference will be held on Saturday 4th December at the University
of Westminster's New Cavendish Campus. Please visit the website below
for more information and don't forget to log in/register for the
conference:

Conference Website: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/
Location: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/location.html
Registration Log in: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/main
New User Log in: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/register

This year's theme is Perl Flavours. Unlike previous years the keynote
will be decided from the most appropriate 40 minute talk that best fits
this theme. The proposal deadline is 12th November and speakers will be
informed on the 15th November. See:

Submissions: http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/newtalk

For all information, queries, please contact m.keating(at)shadowcat.co.uk.

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons)          |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director               |  Shadowcat Systems Limited