[ANNOUNCE] NWE.pm November Hackathon

Mark Keating m.keating at shadowcat.co.uk
Sun Oct 24 01:17:06 BST 2010

Event Wax Sign-up:
http://nwe.eventwax.com/hackday-2010  <view-source:http://nwe.eventwax.com/hackday-2010>

The North West England Perl Mongers will once again be holding a
hackathon in the month of November (Saturday 20th) and we invite all and
sundry (or all and sundried) to attend either in person or via virtual
presence using the aether and our channel. The event will start at
10.30-11.00 a.m. (GMT) in the physical location, but may start at any
time in the aether.

The event will once agin be hosted in a physical location at the
Shadowcat Systems offices in Lancaster (UK) and all who attend that
event will have access to a range of free snacks, beer and pizza. If you
can only attend in a virtual manner we invite you to our chat chnanel,
northwestengland.pm, on irc.perl.org where you will be warmly greeted.

The main project for this year will be Oyster, an idea suggested by
osfameron that won the attention at our Lightning Talks meeting in
September. But, we will also be hacking on the next iteration of the
ironman/ironboy codebase (which includes perlanet at its core), the
presentingperl codebase to include enhancements and updates and
suggesting a bug-triage competition for Perl 5 bugs that can be
undertaken by individuals or Perl Monger groups.

If you are interested in attending in person, or wish to attend
virtually then please use the Event Wax sign-up linked to at the top of
this discourse. We hope that as many people as possible will join in on
this day so that we can burn the code trails. Please contact Mark (mdk)
or Ian (idn) for more information and I hope to talk to you in channel
and see you, either physically or meta-physically on the day.

Please feel free to distribute this information to as wide an audience
as possible. This can include, mailing lists, groups or other interested
parties. Thanks for your help.

Other useful links:
http://northwestengland.pm.org/  <view-source:http://northwestengland.pm.org/>North West England Perl Mongers Homepage
http://northwestengland.pm.org/meetings/023.html  <view-source:http://northwestengland.pm.org/meetings/023.html>Meeting Information
http://www.nwewiki.markkeating.me.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page  <view-source:http://www.nwewiki.markkeating.me.uk/index.php?title=Main_Page>  NWE.PM Wiki
http://greenokapi.net/blog/2010/09/17/oyster-project-write-an-open-source-tool-for-instant-webapp-provisioningdeployment-to-the-cloud-in-one-day-why-aim-so-low/  <view-source:http://greenokapi.net/blog/2010/09/17/oyster-project-write-an-open-source-tool-for-instant-webapp-provisioningdeployment-to-the-cloud-in-one-day-why-aim-so-low/>  Oyster Project - Osfameron's blog
http://idn.per.ly/2010/07/10/ironman-the-project-and-the-hack-day/  <view-source:http://idn.per.ly/2010/07/10/ironman-the-project-and-the-hack-day/>  Ian Norton's blog on last year's Hackday

-Mark (mdk)

--
Mark Keating BA (Hons)          |  Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director               |  Shadowcat Systems Limited