PerlMagick

Christopher Jones c.jones at ucl.ac.uk
Thu Oct 28 16:22:55 BST 2010

On 28 Oct 2010, at 15:36, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> On 28 Oct 2010, at 15:23, Christopher Jones wrote:
>>> No - installing it from source installs PerlMagick too :)
>>
>> Not on my Mac it didn't.
>

> Well - going out on a limb here - perhaps you installed it differently from how I did? :)
>
> $ cat config.sh
> #!/bin/bash
> plib=$(perl -MConfig -MData::Dumper -e '@c=(split "=", $Config{shrpenv}, 2); print $c[-1]')
> echo "Perl lib: $plib"
> LDFLAGS="-L/alt/local/lib -L$plib" ./configure \
>  --prefix=/alt/local \
>  --with-perl
>
> (I keep a non-system Perl installed below /alt/local)

Of course I did it differently! Which explains a lot. I'm now piecing together what I DID do...

I clearly built ImageMagick "--without-perl", because (as I've just found from a few posts on the interweb) it simply doesn't compile with the system level Perl, and I don't have a non-system Perl installed.

It was a week ago, and I didn't keep notes.

Chris