LPW - Laptop loan?

James Laver london.pm at jameslaver.com
Tue Nov 30 17:56:07 GMT 2010

Hi folks,

I've just realised LPW is just around the corner and I don't currently have a laptop I trust to be up to the job of being presented from, correctly connecting to the projector etc.

To that end, would any kind soul be able to lend me a laptop to speak from? I'm not really fussed what OS it runs, provided it can display a presentation in some format (I can export as PDF) and
connect to the projector without difficulties. I'm on at 11:15 for 40 minutes[1].

I'll also use this opportunity to plug my presentation (well, why not?). I'll be talking about the difficulties of running an international website, with specific focus on character sets (you
should also go see David Dorward's speech on this), localisation/l10n, internationalisation/i18n, date/timekeeping and address handling. It's intended to be light hearted, easy going and
(mostly) code free, so feel free to pop along!

Cheers,
--James

[1]http://conferences.yapceurope.org/lpw2010/talk/3120