[OT] bombproof key/value pair hashing library

James Laver london.pm at jameslaver.com
Tue Dec 21 18:36:10 GMT 2010

On Tue, Dec 21, 2010 at 05:39:12PM +0000, Dirk Koopman wrote:
> Can anyone recommend a bombproof(*1) key/value pair hashing library that
> I can link into a C program? It must be capable of frequent
> updates/deletes of keys and/or values. Memory based only, no file
> storage required.

If you don't need file storage, sounds like all you need is something
equivalent to perl's hashes. Some options:

1. libperl and manipulate it's hashes through their C interface
2. A quick wrapper around c++ STL's Map (actually tree based, which offers O(n
log n) access rather than amortized (critical word there) 0(1) performance
which you could get if your c++ library supports hash_map

I'd probably do the latter since it avoids the overhead of creating a perl
interpeter, but you may find this a preferred approach.

/j