Apache Perl/PHP/proxy DNS lookup failures

Alexander Clouter alex at digriz.org.uk
Tue Dec 21 18:45:59 GMT 2010

"Alex J. G. Burzy??ski" <ajgb at ajgb.net> wrote:

> How about running a DNS cache on your web server(s)?

That likely to be more plastering over the problem rather than finding
out the root cause.  I would be interested to see an 'strace' of Apache
when it starts sulking:

strace -v -f `pgrep apache2 | xargs -I{} echo -p {} | tr '\n' ' '` 2> /tmp/foobar

Once done, $COMPRESSOR{favourite} /tmp/foobar up and email it to me.

Cheers

--
Alexander Clouter
.sigmonster says: I'm a fuschia bowling ball somewhere in Brittany