Buildbot/Smolder

James Laver london.pm at jameslaver.com
Thu Dec 23 14:15:25 GMT 2010

On Wed, Dec 22, 2010 at 10:41:12PM +0000, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

> Either you're doing it wrong or hudson isn't what you want.
>
> Rather than flailing around looking for more software fail, why not look
> at what the problem might be, whether software or procedural.
>
> WFM YMMV IANAL.

You are running hudson for < 20 jobs, I am running it for > 200, a scale
at which I have to drive it through the groovy console to keep
everything in sync (which brings in further hate in the form of poor
documentation and a complete lack of tutorial of the api, not to mention
having to write groovy code).

I think perhaps hudson is not what I want, despite being a big bloated
java piece of hate, it doesn't actually give me some of the features I
could use to scale things horizontally appropriately. there are certain
things I like about it, but managing a hudson of this scale is becoming
too big a timesink when I have other things to be doing.

/j