Jobs in London

Dave Mitchell davem at iabyn.com
Mon Feb 28 14:04:13 GMT 2011

On Sat, Feb 26, 2011 at 07:29:38PM +0100, marcos rebelo wrote:
>    I found that the taxes are 40%, but I didn't understood how much
> shall I pay for the Social Security.

(Approximately)

Income tax:

    first £5K  0%
    next £30K 20%
    next £70K 40%
    the rest  50%

National insurance ("social security")

    first 5K  0%
    next 30K 11%
    the rest  1%

Local property tax:

    depends wildly on where you live and the size of the house, but you
    might expect to pay between £1K and £3K per house per year.

Then there's 20% VAT on most things you buy.

--
Music lesson: a symbiotic relationship whereby a pupil's embellishments
concerning the amount of practice performed since the last lesson are