iPhone Barcode Readers

Dominic Thoreau dominic at thoreau-online.net
Tue Mar 1 12:18:34 GMT 2011

On 1 March 2011 11:35, Christopher Jones <c.jones at ucl.ac.uk> wrote:
> On 1 Mar 2011, at 11:11, David Cantrell wrote:
>
>> On Tue, Mar 01, 2011 at 11:05:41AM +0000, Christopher Jones wrote:
>>
>>> I'm fascinated to know how you could use an iPhone to scan a barcode -
>>> can someone explain?
>>
>> It has a camera.
>
> Of course it has....  Now I feel more dumb than usual.

Having worked in an environment where a lot of barcodes were scanned,
the performance is vastly different.
With the iPhone app I have, it does take a bit longer to scan the
image - less than a dedicated handheld scanner, which seem to be
available for well under £40.

Getting numbers is one thing, changing them into valuable data is another...

Dominic
--
Nonnullus unus commodo reddo is mihi.
ABC*D1EFGHIJK2.LMNO3*4PQRST*ITUBE-STANDARD-ANTI-BULLSHEIT-EMAIL*U.56X