Webcasting the tech meets?

Michael Lush mjlush at ebi.ac.uk
Fri Mar 11 11:09:55 GMT 2011

On Fri, 11 Mar 2011, Nicholas Clark wrote:
> A & B: You want it live? No worries, you don't need to attend.
>
> At which point, what's the incentive for attending?

Speaking personally the incentive to attend any meeting is facetime with
people I know and networking with people I don't.

The reason I don't attend is because its quite timeconsuming and
expensive for me to get to London (and I have to leave at 9pm or I miss
the last connection home).

> Surely the dynamic will effectively switch from "theater" to "live studio
> broadcast". In which case, why not go the whole hog and make *decent*
> screencasts that act better as Marketing?

I suspect that getting the quality of a live feed good enough to read the
slides could be somthing of a sticking point.

--
Michael