SystemTap hooks in Perl

Toby Wintermute tjc at
Mon Mar 21 02:19:55 GMT 2011

On 9 March 2011 01:01, Steve Mynott <steve at> wrote:
> On Tue, Mar 08, 2011 at 04:23:04PM +1100, Toby Wintermute typed:
>> I've been playing around with Perl's SystemTap integration (in core
>> since 5.12.0), but I've been struggling to find any documentation on
>> it.
> Maybe this is of some interest?
> <>

Ah, I'd seen that; it helped me get as far as I did with the blog post.

I really feel like there should be *some* POD distributed with Perl
about what dtrace/systemtap hooks it supports! It's funny to have the
feature mentioned in INSTALL, but then nothing else, anywhere, about

Turning and turning in the widening gyre
The falcon cannot hear the falconer
Things fall apart; the center cannot hold
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world