Someone needs to take jwz aside...

Pedro Figueiredo me at pedrofigueiredo.org
Wed Apr 27 14:17:10 BST 2011

On 27 Apr 2011, at 13:51, Andy Armstrong wrote:

> http://www.sonatype.com/books/mvnref-book/reference/pom-relationships-sect-project-dependencies.html

As far as dependency management goes. It does so much more than that. I'd go for the "by example" book for a quick overview, and then use the reference to find more details:

http://www.sonatype.com/books.html

Also,

http://maven.apache.org/users/index.html

and

http://maven.apache.org/plugins/index.html <--- there be gold in them hills!

These days I manage everything with Maven, from Java apps to a Map/Reduce framework to shell scripts and presentations, and obviously our CI. It's removed so much hassle from my work day I'm even glad to put up with it sometimes having to download half of the internet. If only it knew how to manage a Shipwright vessel...