Junior-mid level Perl

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Thu Apr 28 10:37:59 BST 2011

On 28/04/11 00:14, Aaron Crane wrote:
> Pedro Figueiredo<me at pedrofigueiredo.org>  wrote:
>> I was just thinking that surely a Bloody Mary is 1 of your 5-a-day.
>
> How about sloe gin?

Sloe vodka is just as nice, if slightly different, and also matures more
quickly (at least when I make it). Unfortunately I suspect you have to
eat the sloes to get the 5 a day.

However, get some decent rough scrumpy, drop the "spent" sloes (left
after making your sloe gin/vodka) into it. Leave in a sealed jar for a
couple of days (shaking occasionally) and then drink.

This is called "slider" and it certainly does go down very easily. The
sloes by now are edible - just. And there is the apple content from
cider as well. That must count for something?

Dirk