Part-time Perl Developer Position based Reading, UK (etc.)

Richard Foley richard.foley at rfi.net
Wed May 25 06:40:58 BST 2011

Yep, *good* remote jobs are hard to come by, but family life is important for
some of us, so it's worth keeping up the hunt.  I'm just finishing (hint) one
remote contract which happens to be close to where I live in Munich.  I walked
from my last job when they said I had to come in for a half-hour stand-up
meeting every day, even when the original deal was 60/40 onsite/offsite and
(rarely but) occassionally it took me 2.5 (yes, two and a half) hours to drive
to work through the traffic jams.  They looked vaguely surprised at the time,
but it all worked out for the best in the end.

I look back with fond memories on that contract where I "pressed the flesh" on
the first day, and then never saw the people again, and worked remotely for a
full year.  Interesting work too.

Ciao

Richard
--