Part-time Perl Developer Position based Reading, UK

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri May 27 12:11:17 BST 2011

On Fri, May 27, 2011 at 02:07:39AM +0100, Paul Makepeace wrote:
> On Wed, May 25, 2011 at 23:43, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> > If I'm at work, I have easier access to
> > "stakeholders" and colleagues who I can ask questions, and I have fewer
> > distractions.
> FWIW, unless you're physically sat right next to someone in an office,
> gchat/IRC/what works very well for questions etc. A lot of coders
> don't like being interrupted so the semi-async world of online chat
> works well.

OMG! I'D NEVER HEARD OF IRC AND HAD NO IDEA WHAT IT COULD DO!!!!!!!!!!!

Of course, when used at work, then at least in my experience if someone
asks me something in IRC then they eventually have to ask me IRL because
my IRC window is buried somewhere under a bunch of *work*.

--
David Cantrell | Godless Liberal Elitist

Graecum est; non legitur