Cool/useful short examples of Perl?

Uri Guttman uri at StemSystems.com
Tue May 31 00:46:08 BST 2011

  NC> You've stated that you *don't* expect newbies to know how to read
  NC> that line.  Leo is currently looking for things that newbies could
  NC> be expected to read.

then you will get one liners that don't do much. you can't have it both
ways. either they are useful or they are so simple that newbies can read
them. using modules isn't a way around that as they shouldn't use one
without understanding it. so my way is to show how useful a small amount
of perl can be. get them intrigued and wanting to learn how to do
that. i haven't seen anything else posted here that is even close to
useful and cool and newbie level yet. but everyone can jump on
mine. wow.

uri

--
Uri Guttman  ------  uri at stemsystems.com  --------  http://www.sysarch.com --