Cool/useful short examples of Perl?

Mark Keating m.keating at
Tue May 31 10:03:17 BST 2011

On 31/05/2011 04:52, Gabor Szabo wrote:
> Gabor
> ps. My spell checker wants me to write 'learned' there.
> I wonder which one of us is right and how many people out there know
> the difference.
Gabor, your spell checker is a moron, thankfully you are not, it is
'learnt', but spell checkers also hate dreamt as being archaic but keep
slept, wept and meant!
> ps2. Your language is confusing. Let's program in Hungarian.
Our language is confusing :) It is a slut who will sleep with anyone and
steal from everywhere, on that note it is pps etc. (post scriptum, post
post scriptum, ad infinitum).

Sorry for going OT

Mark Keating BA (Hons)         | Writer, Photographer, Cat-Herder
Managing Director              | Shadowcat Systems Limited
Director/Secretary             | Enlightened Perl Organisation
Marketing Chair                | The Perl Foundation Marketing Committee
Marketing and PR               | TPF Steering Committee
co-Leader                      | North West England Perl Mongers
Organiser                      | London Perl Workshop (UKPW)
co-Organiser                   | Dynamic Languages Conference     | | |