Speed v Version

Nigel Metheringham nigel at dotdot.it
Fri Jun 3 09:28:05 BST 2011

On 3 Jun 2011, at 08:28, Toby Wintermute wrote:

> 1)
> Are they running old Red Hat or CentOS versions?
> I ask because the Perl shipped on those was, for quite a long time,
> very, very broken due to a vendor patch that made bless() take 1000x
> longer than it should. In that case, just using a non-broken Perl will
> be extremely faster.

I suspect from the version info and context given that their install
is older than that particular bug (which actually was very limited in
timescale, but it just took them a while to roll out the fix)

	Nigel.
--
[ Nigel Metheringham ------------------------------ nigel at dotdot.it ]
[                 Ellipsis Intangible Technologies                  ]