Speed v Version

Dirk Koopman djk at tobit.co.uk
Fri Jun 3 11:38:09 BST 2011

On 03/06/11 10:56, Dave Hodgkinson wrote:

> On 3 Jun 2011, at 10:21, Dirk Koopman wrote:
>
>> Thank you all for your suggestions. I will see whether I can "persuade" them to upgrade.
>

> Which is almost certainly Not The Problem.

I agree it is Not The Problem. But increased "speed" is a "killer" hook
to persuade them to agree an upgrade. I have to upgrade DBI and
DBD::ODBC because I need newer facilities in there to do some other
stuff. I am looking to upgrade the perl at the same time ('cos I am a
"professional" and like to anticipate) and casting around for suitable
justifications. It isn't exactly a lot of extra work.

Dirk