beer? weekend of the 24th June in London

Peter Corlett abuse at cabal.org.uk
Mon Jun 6 11:42:13 BST 2011

On 6 Jun 2011, at 10:34, Mallory van Achterberg wrote:
[...]
> Anyway I dunno what's the best manner to pick an evening... I assume
> whichever the most people can attend? And we have no idea what a
> "good" pub is in the area.  If there isn't one, another area should
> be fine.

The nearest reasonable pub to your hotel is the Princess Victoria, a few minutes walk east. It's what you get when you take a typical British boozer and actually clean it and serve decent beer. The prices are a bit fearsome and it's a trek even from Shepherd's Bush, which is why I rarely go there. It's not suitable for a social, but it is somewhere to wet your throat and get fed near your hotel.

How about the Bridge House? It's a London.pm favourite, and it's near the Tower of London and Tower Bridge, so fits in with your tourist plans.