Someone needs to take jwz aside...

Matt Sergeant msergeant at messagelabs.com
Tue Jun 7 16:22:07 BST 2011

Simon Cozens wrote:
> On 02/06/2011 21:50, gvim wrote:
>
>> >  Considering the amount of development you've done on Perl web frameworks over
>> >  the years isn't this tantamount to having given up on Perl, at least for web
>> >  development?
>>

> Yes and no. I've moved from being more of a developer to being more of a user.
> Perl is a fantastic language for developers. It has a great culture for
> developers. We're all brilliant at producing tools which other developers can
> pick up and do really great stuff with. Perl is wonderful if I want to write
> my own web framework, or construct my own CMS on top of one of the hundreds of
> Perl web frameworks which already exist.

As someone else who has written a bunch of popular perl stuff over the
years, I'll chime in here too - I write a lot less open source stuff
these days, but when I do I'm looking much more to JavaScript. The
language is actually about as good as Perl (some areas better, some
worse), but the implementation, the interpreters, are just WAY faster.

https://github.com/baudehlo/Haraka

Matt.