Cool/useful short examples of Perl?

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Jun 9 12:03:53 BST 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 02:00:41PM +0200, Abigail wrote:

> I'd rather go for sacking people that don't know the difference
> between
>     if (something) { ... }
>
> and
>     unless (!something) { ... }
>
> Or does everyone think they are always equivalent?

If they're not equivalent, someone's playing silly buggers, and should
be sacked.

Things that immediately spring to mind are overloading of ! and where
something is ++something_else, but that's an incredibly stupid thing to
do and should result in fingernails being pulled out and *then* sacking.

--
David Cantrell | Official London Perl Mongers Bad Influence

People from my sort of background needed grammar schools to
compete with children from priveleged homes like ... Tony Benn
     -- Margaret Thatcher