Perl 5 core maintenance fund drive

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Tue Jul 5 10:01:52 BST 2011

On Tue, Jul 05, 2011 at 10:28:39AM +0200, Abigail wrote:

> Note that 2 days after the announcement of the fund, both Booking.com
> and cPanel donated $10,000, which makes for a total of $30,000 (with the
> matching $10,000 from Vienna.pm), not counting any individual donations.

Clearly mst needs to shout some more at the YAPC::NA audience about blogging
:-) because as best I can tell that hasn't been blogged by any of the 200+
people who heard it. Not one.

The reason that there aren't official announcements yet is because press
releases have a surprisingly long gestation period, certainly much longer
than that of "making decisions". [It's a crazy cat herding game of getting
everyone involved to agree that this *is* precisely what they want to say
and doesn't run the risk of being misinterpreted in any way or ...]

But that just means that anyone seen as "official" won't be blogging it.
The other 95% of people were free from such constraints, and at least some
of them have regular blogs. Hence I was a bit surprised how underreported
the good news was.

Nicholas Clark