Where do we go to get good Perl/Catalyst/DBIC/Moose people in India?

Egor Shipovalov kogdaugodno at gmail.com
Fri Jul 15 18:30:06 BST 2011

One can switch from one sponsoring employer to another without leaving
the country, but there is a lot of truth to your statement. There is
certain smaller employer in London that pressured sponsored developer
into working constant overtime using the visa argument.

Best regards,
Egor Shipovalov.

On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 5:56 PM, Joel Bernstein <joel at fysh.org> wrote:
> On 15 July 2011 18:50, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
>> On Fri, Jul 15, 2011 at 04:48:46PM +0100, Chris Jack wrote:
>>> Something to be careful of is: we have lost a number of Indian juniors who have got themselves trained up and then moved on to better paid things.
>> Yes, obviously it's better to get them to sign up for a period of ten
>> years indentured servitude, like what we do to juniors here.
> Isn't that effectively how visa sponsorship works here? If your visa
> is tied to your employer, then you can't quit/change jobs without
> losing your right to be in Britain, I thought. Pretty sure that's how
> it works in the USA too. That really does smell of indenture to me.
> /joel

More information about the london.pm mailing list