PHP (was Re: website maintenance gig available)

Paul Makepeace paulm at paulm.com
Wed Aug 3 14:15:30 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 13:55, Nicholas Clark <nick at ccl4.org> wrote:
> Isn't there some quote, roughly "you don't program PHP, you ??? it until it
> works", possibly attributed to Randal Schwartz?

There's a little-known Google search trick: * can be used as a word substitute.

Try,

"you don't code PHP" you * it until it works

...confirms you are right.

That said, I think most PHP programmers accepted this openly before
anyone needed to say it.

Paul (who has given a "why PHP is great" talk too in case it sounds
like I'm starting a language flame war :))