website maintenance gig available

Nicholas Clark nick at ccl4.org
Wed Aug 3 16:47:36 BST 2011

On Wed, Aug 03, 2011 at 05:28:20PM +0200, Tara Andrews wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 3, 2011 at 4:27 PM, Peter Corlett <abuse at cabal.org.uk> wrote:
>
> > That's the company telling you to stop posting to mailing lists from work.
>
> Heaven forbid that Perl be relevant to anyone's work.

This list is about Perl? :-)

[But yes, you both have valid points. I suspect it's more for regulatory
oversight reasons that a bank is discouraging non-work-visible means of
sending messages, than some organ-grinder management mentality that
knowledge workers need to sit chained to their designated task 60 minutes
of every hour]

To atone for mentioning the 4 letter word (and quoting another mention of
it), I should remind everyone that there is a social tomorrow at The
Victoria, W2 2NH*)

Nicholas Clark

* Somewhere near Paddington, and convenient for the Central Line, so maybe
  we'll see some people from "a large West London Media Organisation", and
  other large enclaves of 4 letter word users from out west.