nick at ccl4.org
Thu Aug 18 15:56:25 BST 2011
So YAPC::Europe in Riga was great fun. I've probably failed to include some
important things, but
* Lots of excellent talks [most of which I think were videoed]
* Lots of excellent socialising [most of which was not, fortunately]
* Net-A-Porter donated $10,000 to the Perl 5 Core Maintenance Fund
Thanks. They are recruiting, in London
* Dijkmat donated $5,000 to it
* Oslo Perl Mongers donated 1000 Euro to it (currently $1428.50)
[They aren't recruiting. Well, except perhaps for something unpaid on
the first Wednesday of the month - see http://oslo.pm.org/ ]
You can read the all about it at http://www.perlfoundation.org/
The good news feed there is entirely about the Perl 5 Core Maintenance Fund.
Except for one interruption about someone called Leo Lapworth getting some
sort of non-orange dromedary [or something like that :-)] for his work in
improving the design of many many Perl websites.
Next year's YAPC::Europe is in Frankfurt, probably late August, probably at
the University, but not yet confirmed as nothing is signed.
Judging by this year's stats [http://yapceurope.lv/ye2011/stats/],
UK top on 58 attendees, Germany second on 45, next year might actually
have somewhere non-UK top. Terrible :-(
Big thanks to Andrew Shitov for organising an excellent conference.
[He also got one of the non-orange dromedary things, as did Daisuke Maki]
More information about the london.pm