Getting cpan's Oracle DBD to work properly on i386 is proving a bit tricky

Paul Branon paulbranon at googlemail.com
Mon Aug 22 17:17:07 BST 2011

Hi Guys,

Does anyone know where I can get help getting oracle DBD to work? I'm on
Intel Solaris 10
and Oracle comes with an AMD64 binary. It runs fine on my system. I can
connect to oracle
with no problems at all. Then I install oracle DBD which installs just fine
But when I try to
connect to the database I get wrong ELF class. Because libclntsh.so.10.1 is
a 32 bit binary.

I've tried all kinds of things. But I think in the end I'm really going to
have to talk to someone
who's recently installed oracle (preferably 10g) on intel solaris 10 and
then got cpan oracle DBD
to talk to it. I've had lots of great suggestions from people but I can't
get any of them to work.
I guess what I need is literally the answer.

Cheers,

Paul