Writing About Perl

Marco Fontani fontani at gmail.com
Tue Aug 23 12:45:28 BST 2011

> I agree. Show how to write a web service running on Dotcloud using Dancer .

Making use of modules from CPAN, which make it even easier to get stuff done?

Sawyer created a small presentation after a "joke" site I created, to showcase
that exact thing:

http://www.slideshare.net/xSawyer/your-first-website-in-under-a-minute-with-dancer

Take a module (in my case, Text::UpsideDown), create a web interface to it in minutes.

I am not sure this is what the wide audience of a Linux journal would like to read
about how Perl has changed in the past decade, though..

---
Marco Fontani
Glasgow Perl Mongers - http://glasgow.pm.org/
Bitcoin: 1QA1K3Ghz9AuJ8na6JKJVudEko3WKx1xC2
Join the RackSpace Cloud at: http://www.rackspacecloud.com/277.html