Expected Config File Locations

David Precious davidp at preshweb.co.uk
Tue Aug 30 14:34:29 BST 2011

On Tuesday 30 August 2011 13:55:48 Smylers wrote:
> Hi. I'm looking for some advice on where I should put the config file
> for a command I'm distributing on Cpan. Where would you it to be? I'm
> interested in opinions of Windows, Mac, and Unix users, for both
> per-user and system-wide config.
> <snip>

Config::Find looks like it is designed for exactly what you're looking for -
have you seen that?

I was also going to recommend Config::Auto (which even parses the config,
supporting various formats), but it seems to be Unix-centric, and likely not
useful on Windows.

It wasn't entirely clear to me whether you're looking for suggestions on how
to *find* the config file in a sensible location, or how to install a default
config file into a suitable location as the module is installed, though - have
I got the wrong end of the stick here?

--
David Precious  ("bigpresh")
http://www.preshweb.co.uk/

   "Programming is like sex. One mistake and you have to support
   it for the rest of your life". (Michael Sinz)