Should I get my mum a Kindle?

michael lush mjlush at gmail.com
Tue Sep 20 16:17:49 BST 2011

On Tue, Sep 20, 2011 at 2:02 PM, David Cantrell <david at cantrell.org.uk> wrote:
> My mother is a technophobe, and furthermore, she's not allowed to have a
> computer anyway, because then she'd ask me for help with it.
>
> However, she does like iPlayer.  Specifically, she likes to phone me and
> ask me to "acquire" radio programmes for her that she missed.  Until
> now, I've done this either by putting them on my iPad so she can listen
> to them when I visit, or putting them on a CD.  But now I've run out of
> blank CDs.

http://xkcd.com/949/...

Seriously you could get a handful of thoes little 1Gb conference
keydrives and circulate them between you and her,  there are a lot of
radios with a USB socket she could then play straight off a key drive.

Its not so good if she wants to maintain a collection of stuff she
wants to go back to.

--
Michael Lush