Perl Skills Test

Piers Cawley pdcawley at
Thu Sep 22 22:13:59 BST 2011

On Thursday, September 22, 2011, Jones, Christopher <c.jones at>
> On 22 September 2011 14:14, Dave Cross <dave at> wrote:
>> Interesting question from a training client:
>> "Do you know of a general Perl skills test (on-line or paper) that we
>> give to our Perl developers before you turn up.
> At an interview with Auntie a few years ago, they gave me a Perl script
and asked me to highlight all the problems/errors in it. Not sure if they
were flattering me, but I found quite a few they didn't seem to be aware

I've been on the other side of that interview. I was astonished by how bad
the script was.