Perl Skills Test

Elizabeth Mattijsen liz at dijkmat.nl
Tue Sep 27 14:47:58 BST 2011

On Sep 27, 2011, at 3:36 PM, Joel Bernstein wrote:
> On 27 September 2011 15:30, Peter Edwards <peter at dragonstaff.co.uk> wrote:
>> On 26 September 2011 14:37, Aaron Trevena <aaron.trevena at gmail.com> wrote:
>>> I had a go at code dojo at the recent Agile on the Beach conference
>>> and thought to myself - this would be a handy technical test tool
>>> : http://jonjagger.blogspot.com/p/cyberdojo.html (and yes, it does
>>> come in perl flavour)
>>

> It doesn't appear to explain "coding dojo" but jumps straight into assuming
> you know what it means. Only Dojo I ever came across is a rather painful JS
> framework. Context?

A dojo (道場 dōjō?) is a Japanese term which literally means "place of the way". Initially, dōjōs were adjunct to temples. The term can refer to a formal training place for any of the Japanese do arts but typically it is considered the formal gathering place for students of any Japanese martial arts style to conduct training, examinations and other related encounters.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dojo

Liz