Mac OS X bootpd configuration

Pedro Figueiredo me at
Thu Sep 29 01:05:01 BST 2011

On 28 Sep 2011, at 23:52, David Cantrell wrote:

> Apple's bootpd keeps its config in a hateful XML file in
> /etc/bootpd.plist, and I need to change one value in it - it seems that
> I need to change reply_threshold_seconds from 4 to 0 so that my shiny
> new Kindle can connect.

FWIW, the man page I have says

(Integer) bootpd won't respond to the request until the bp_secs field is at least
reply_theshold_seconds.  The default value is 0 (zero).

but this is in 10.7, where /etc/bootpd.list doesn't exist (despite being repeatedly mentioned in the man page). In fact, defaults doesn't even find bootp[d[.list]].