Perl Skills Test

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Sep 29 13:25:17 BST 2011

On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 06:29:26PM +0100, 'lesleyb' wrote:
> On Wed, Sep 28, 2011 at 05:30:09PM +0100, Paul Tweedy wrote:
> > > I think that amongst my circle of good engineer* friends and
> > > acquaintances, someone has been out of work and having trouble finding
> > > any for *all* of the last ten years, so I am unmoved by their plight.
> > I'll be sure to let them know.
> As someone who has been out of work for far too long I'm with DC on this one.
> You either get work in somehow or re-train.

Right.  I was one of them for a while.  I ended up taking a job which
involved a horrible commute, in not the greatest of working conditions,
and which paid far less than I needed to pay my bills.

Temporarily.  Because it was better than moping on the dole.

I jumped ship at the first opportunity, of course.

    It's my experience that neither users nor customers can articulate
    what it is they want, nor can they evaluate it when they see it
        -- Alan Cooper