Mac OS X bootpd configuration

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Thu Sep 29 18:51:06 BST 2011

On Thu, Sep 29, 2011 at 01:11:12AM +0100, Pedro Figueiredo wrote:
> On 29 Sep 2011, at 00:38, Chris Devers wrote:
> > And `defaults write /etc/bootp parameter value` is definitely the way to go if you're updating simple key/value settings. For more complex nested data structures, look into /usr/libexec/PlistBuddy, which is way more flexible.
> Is that not missing a -int, as in
> $ defaults write /etc/bootp.list reply_theshold_seconds -int 0

That's the ticket.  Note that it needs to be /etc/bootpd, not
/etc/bootp, or /etc/bootpd.plist.

Is there any particular reason for using this weirdo 'defaults' tool
instead of just a text editor though?

--
David Cantrell | Cake Smuggler Extraordinaire

What a lovely day!  Now watch me spoil it for you.