Perl Skills Test

Wendy G.A. van Dijk nl.pm at wendy.org
Fri Sep 30 21:42:15 BST 2011

At 06:00 PM 9/29/2011, Dirk Koopman wrote:
 >On 28/09/11 10:42, Wendy G.A. van Dijk wrote:
 >> I've got this very interesting book in my Perl library for quite a
 >> while. It does contain interview questions about Perl. Not all questions
 >> are excellent, but quite a bunch are. In my opinion, many questions can
 >> be used to find out the skill of interviewed prospective Perl
 >> developers. So, it's not a test, but with these questions you can make
 >> several.
 >
 >> Perl Interview Questions: Perl Programming Frequently Asked Questions
 >> Equity Press
 >>
 >http://itcookbook.com/store/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=1&p
 >roducts_id=1
 >>
 >> 2006, edited by Emilee Newman Bowles
 >> ISBN 1-933804-48-3
 >>

 >And on Amazon, from a self selected group of one, the review says:
 >
 >POOR
 >
 >"If you are looking for some good in-depth material to help with Perl
 >interviews then this book is definitely NOT for you."

Well, just the one...  and that goes against my statement (which is
enclosed...)...

...that this is actually a very helpful book for people who want to
interview prospective employees and want to find out more about their
Perl skills.  Not all of the questions (and answers) in the book are
of the desirable extreme high quality, but the majority is good
enough to find out wether the prospective employee has any Perl
skills or none, and even what level of skilfulness is in
there.   Anybody who needs more than a few Perl developers can use
this book, aided by some really good Perl developers, to adapt the
questions to the desired highest possible level and find out the
exact level of Perl skills of the prospective developers.

It's the only book of it's kind.  It contains a lot of examples of
questions.  It really is not poor.  In contrary, it isn't half bad.

Greetz,
Wendy