job. data scientist

Nicholas Clark nick at
Thu Nov 3 15:10:18 GMT 2011

On Thu, Nov 03, 2011 at 02:46:31PM +0000, Avishalom Shalit wrote:
> hi, first post (so far just lurked , and did not attend any meeting),
> so i'll introduce myself
> I am an algorithm developer, living in london  , originally from israel,

Welcome to the list. If you want to attend a meeting, there is one tonight
at the Edgar Wallace. Find our glorious leader Leo to claim a free drink.

There's also the London Perl Workshop in 9 days' time:

> i hope  that this mailing list is the right outlet for this post

Technically not. Really you should mail it to jobs at

[no need to subscribe - it gets moderated through fairly quickly. And yes,
"you" send it, as that way your e-mail address is in From:]

Archives are here:

You'd probably want to inline at least some of the job spec into your
e-mail, with "see this URL for further details". If you look at the archived
messages, most give quite a bit more details than this:

> we are looking for someone to join our algorithm & analytics team, in
> the role of data scientist

[such as location, "yes, we do want Perl" :-), and possibly even an indication
of salary]

You can also advertise on

Nicholas Clark