london.pm Digest, Vol 70, Issue 36

Shantanu Bhadoria shantanu at cpan.org
Fri Nov 4 07:58:38 GMT 2011

Hey folks,
I am resurrecting the old SNMP thread. I request mongers for some more help
:p
Here is the problem I have been facing.
I see that in all the scripts where I use variables from MIBS I have to
call these two lines before I can make use of SNMP variables instead of
OIDs to call stuff.

SNMP::initMib();
SNMP::loadModules('ALL');

However on other systems I noted that lines like the following worked
without having to explicitly call the above two lines :
my $vars = SNMP::VarList->new( [ 'sysUpTime', 0 ], [ 'sysDescr', 0 ] );

Is there a system configuration setting that I am missing that
automatically load MIBs?
whoever answers this, you have my eternal gratitude for answering this
question cuz I am struggling :P

thanks and cheers!
-Shantanu